Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Chile Puqile and Lidata Lida

Entry 2

I didn't officially settle down until about one thousand years after the Third Astral Era. I met a fisherman named Chile Puqile in one of the many small towns around what would be modern day La Noscea. At first I found him incredibly annoying... probably because he threw a fish at my face... I can assure you it was a total accident on his part, but I was pissed. I wanted him to leave me alone and let me go on my way but he was persistent... so finally, I agreed to let him take me out to dinner. After a few more dinner dates I really got to know him as a very modest, but kind man who just wanted to make a living for his sick mother. About a month after we met, she finally passed away. He was devastated and while he was mourning her death, I was considering that I probably should exit his life as soon as I was able to... it's not that I didn't care for him, I just didn't want to get too attached due to the inevitable. I left him a note that I was leaving, but of course he followed me like a total idiot. I guess we can say that I didn't move on, and we married a year later.

A few years after getting married, I gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Lidata. Chile and I were extremely happy and it seemed like everything was working out for us. We moved from a very small apartment to our own cottage by the beach. Since Chile was getting promotions at work and I was forming my own private medical practice, we were saving gil, and putting money toward a savings account for Lidata when she was ready. Unfortunately when Lidata was five, Chile's fishing ship was attacked by pirates, and Chile went down with it. Since no body was recovered, we sent an empty sea pyre out to the ocean. A few years later when Lidata was old enough, I told her all my secrets and when she was ready for schooling, I taught her all I knew, from reading and writing in Allagan to simple things, such as swimming and cooking. I wanted her to be a well rounded, educated young woman, and a educated young woman she became.


No comments:

Post a Comment